Friday, November 11, 2011

I really think I'll go crazy without my baby!!!!!?

No amount of time or greiving will make you forget your baby. I lost a little boy 16 weeks into a pregnancy back in Sept. of 2001. I had other children and my husband and you know what I didn't want to be anything to anyone. People were like you have the others be happy. But I will tell you with time all wounds do heal to a degree. I can now go through days where I think of him but don't feel like I want to jump off a bridge. I tried to do the whole greif counslor thing and didn't like the how does this make you fell and the nod of her head and that look. I found for me I painted a box and stenceled his name and dates on it and inside I put my journal from my pregnancy, ultrasound pics, and all the things we had bought to that point inside as well as the cards and his angel bear and ornament we had done for him the first Christmas after I lost him. I placed it on my dresser and kept it there for a long long time until one day it just felt write to put it away in the closet. We also planted a dwarf apple tree so I would have year round reminders of him. I would have the blossoms in the spring, the apples in the summer and fall and then in winter we decorated it for the birds to eat off of. It just felt nice to look out the window and see those reminders of him and what he meant to me. There is no wrong way to grieve, grieve the way that feels right to you and your heart. Go online to the different sites for grief and loss and tell your story, light a candle on line for your baby, talk to others who have been through the same thing and they know first hand what you feel. I found my best friend who lost her baby girl Emily at 22 1/2 weeks to a cord accident to be my shoulder to lean on and over time she and I have helped each other heal and move on so to speak. You will never forget but it does get just a little easier everyday that pes. Remember your baby in what ever way makes you feel good. My prayers and thoughts and my heart go out to you may you find some peace and there are lots of us out here who know what you feel, email if want.

No comments:

Post a Comment